Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ethan's 1-Year Pics

In Korea, a baby's first birthday (or "dol") is a big deal. You dress them up in a traditional "hanbok" & have a big dinner, or feast as my in-laws like to call it. It's supposed to be HUGE, like a wedding reception, but my family tones it down a little bit. We're having the big party on Saturday, so I'll post pictures then. But here are some pics that I had taken last week of Ethan in his hanbok.

Not only Ethan has to wear a hanbok for the celebration, we all do. So I took Tyler along to have his pictures taken as well.
I have a large canvas print of Tyler in his dol hanbok, so I'm having this one of Ethan blown up too.
This was the only halfway decent picture of the two of them together. Unfortunately Ethan refused to smile at this point of the photo shoot. Luckily, Tyler made up for it with his giant cheeser grin.
I made a little tie and diaper cover for the session. I think they turned out pretty cute.

He looks like such a little man in a vest & tie. It makes me smile. :)

Am I a mean mom for thinking that the crying pictures are the cutest? Just to let you know, he wasn't really crying. This is his "fake cry" letting us know that he was WAY beyond done!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are all really cute!! I like the cry ones too even if they are fake! :)

Rachelle said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear about your boys. Ethan looks just like you in the pic of him in PJs. As far as toys--Isaac always wants more, I can't handle any more. And I'm glad you feel back in a routine. We'll see you this summer!

Jenny said...

Oh...my...cute! Awesome outfits, fun traditions, and the most adorable boys in the world. A photo shoot couldn't get any better than that.

cl said...

oh they are so cute! your kids are adorable! and i absolutely love the birthday cake, seriously, what can you not do? you are one talented woman!
candi