Monday, March 7, 2011

I've Reached My Limit

Apparently two kids is my limit. It's taken me a very long time to get back into the swing of things. After 10 months, I finally feel like I'm back on a normal laundry/cleaning/exercise schedule. We won't mention my lack of blogging, but hopefully that will recover soon too. So here is the update. I was awful about taking pictures at Christmastime. Well, that's not entirely true. We did take a lot of movies, but most of them are too boring for anyone but grandparents to watch, so I won't put them up here.


Our kids are spoiled...by pretty much everyone's standards. Tyler got a box full of "Cars" from his brother (we're trying to win some love here), and now his collection is overflowing! His display box is completely full, but despite our objections, he still insists that he doesn't have ALL of them yet. Does a 4-year-old really need more than 130 Disney Cars? Really???


Tyler also got glasses! Nate was far-sighted when he was little & had glasses from the time he was three until he was sixteen. Ty was complaining about his eyes being tired & itchy, so I took him in and sure enough, he's just like his daddy! He hasn't complained about them since the first day, and has actually grown to love his glasses.


After the New Year, we took Ty to see a couple of theatre productions for kids, "Peter Pan" & "Babe." He loved them both, which made his daddy very happy. I'll be more excited when I get to take him to some concerts. ;)


Ty turned four! In tradition, I had to make his annual "Cars" birthday cake (detailed pics below). He had three parties (this kid knows how to milk it!) and we went to the dino museum on the actual birthday.


This picture just goes to prove that you can have fun playing in the sand no matter what age you are!


Here's the cake. I'm down to about 3-4 hours to make one now. That a big improvement from the first year's cake that took 8+ hours! Phew!


Now onto kiddo number two. Ethan has started to get around. Like his brother, he doesn't crawl, but chooses to scoot around on his bottom. It's pretty funny to watch, but makes me wonder, "What is up with my kids?" It's one thing to have ONE kid bum scoot, but TWO! That's just plain strange!


Ethan love his binky, but being the mean parents that we are, he only gets it during naps & bedtime. So he improvises by making a binky out of pretty much anything. Like a carrot....


Puzzle pieces....


Toy animals....


And my personal favorite, a french fry! HA!


3 comments:

The Mama said...

I don't think I have mentioned it, but I Looove Tyler with glasses. He looks like such a little dude. Love the cake too, it is awesome! I think it is hilarious that your both your boys scoot on their bums, maybe Nathan did that too?;)

Jenny said...

Hooray for an update! Your boys are so cute. I love Tyler's glasses, he looks like such a grown up little guy! I think the bum scoot is pretty funny. You really should post a video of it.

And last of all I cannot believe that cake! Wow! I better not let Brian see the pictures. He will be sorely disappointed with his birthday cake if he does. I am so amazed at your talents. They are seemingly endless.

I am definitely with you on the limit of two children right now, but unlike you I have just given up on a cleaning/laundry/exercise schedule. You've seen my house with only one kid. You don't want to see it with two.

Joanna said...

I wish we lived closer so my boys could play Cars with your boys.

And I've said it before, but I have to be so careful that my kids don't see pictures of your Cars cakes, or they'll expect me to make it for their next birthday. And I just cannot bake like that. :)