Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My little cheeseball


I realize that these are probably funnier to me since he's my child, but here are some funny things that Tyler has in the past few months:

Situation 1: For FHE we were discussing the Christ's birth, death & resurrection.
Ty: What is a resurrection?
Me: After you die, Heavenly Father brings you back to life. That's called being resurrected.
Ty: So, you're good as new?
Me: Yes.
Ty: Oh, so you mean that Halmoni (his grandma) won't be old anymore? She'll be brand new!

Situation 2: When my mom cooks rice, she often puts some sort of small bean (lentil, chickpea) in as well. Ty doesn't really care for the beans, but eats them anyway. For Halloween, he got some Krispy Rice chocolate.
Ty: What kind of chocolate is this?
Me: That chocolate has rice in it.
Ty: But does it have beans too? Yuck!

Situation 3: Every year, I buy boxes of apples as gifts for my previous music teachers. Tyler came with me to the red barn to buy them this year. They are kept in a big refrigerated room.
Ty: Whoa! Some body needs to turn the air conditioner off in here!

Situation 4: During Christmastime there's always a lot of talk about "what you want for Christmas."
Ty: Uma, what do you want for Christmas?
Me: Ummm...I don't know. What do you think I would want?
Ty: Oh, I know the perfect thing! A Laundry Folding Robot! (right on kiddo, right on!)

Situation 5: My mom had some Koreans visiting over the holidays.
Ty: Did you know that there are two kinds of people?
Me: What?
Ty: Yeah. There's Korean people, and there's regular people!

Situation 6: At a family Christmas party, we saw Nate's cousin & her little (adopted) African-American boy. Remember, we live in Utah, so there's not that many ethnic people around. ;)
Ty: Why does that boy have dark skin?
Me: Because people are born with all different shades of skin.
Ty: Oh, I get it. It's like he's chocolate and I'm vanilla!

Situation 7: Tyler is prone to get pneumonia. Last year alone, he had it 3 times. We're always telling him to try not to cough. It was Ty's turn to say family prayer one night & he prayed for help him not to cough. The next morning...
Me: You didn't cough very much last night.
Ty: Nope. You know why?
Me: Why?
Ty: Because Heavenly Father keeps the coughs away with lots of MAGIC!

Situation 8: We have 9 am church now, which means that we are always in a hurry getting ready. And Tyler takes about 30 minutes (at least) to eat a meal. We were running a little late one Sunday...
Me: Tyler, you need to eat your breakfast really fast.
Ty: Why?
Me: Because we're going to be late for church.
Ty: Oh. Is it "fast" Sunday?

Situation 9: It was Tyler's turn to pray again one evening. I'm trying to get him to come up with things to pray for on his own, so I often ask him to think about what he's thankful for when he's praying. These are a few of my favorites...
-Thankful for Christmas to come
-Thankful for my birthday to come
-Thankful for springtime & for the Spanish language

1 comment:

Misty said...

LOVE IT! Espacially the part about Isaiah. Now that we have Isaac too it is quite colorful around here. We like to say that we are chocolate lovers.... we have our: white chocolate (Keanon), dark chocolate (Isaiah) and finally our milk chocolate (Isaac)!