Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dry Mountain Fire

On Saturday night, Nathan took the dog outside and this is what he saw. Dry mountain (aptly named) was on fire. At first we thought that it was my parent's mountain, so I called my Dad to let him know. He drove up there to check things out, and thankfully it was the mountain directly South. Helicopters were dumping water on it for at least 24 hours, and it didn't burn that much (only 10 acres). But it has made our backyard view a little less beautiful.
We also finally finished Ty's sandbox. It took 3000 lbs of sand! Apparently, sand weighs a lot. If it took 1.5 ton of sand for our little hexagon, I can't even imagine how many millions of tons of sand it must take to make a beach. Needless to say, Nathan is glad that it is full and he doesn't have to move anymore 50 lb. bags of sand this year.
Lastly, a pic of Ty. I told him to "Smile!" and this is what he did. Is he cute or what?

5 comments:

Misty said...

stinkin cute! we are making a sandbox for Keanon... what were your dimensions? Just want to estimate how much sand we will need. Love you guys!

whitney said...

oh my gosh!!! i'm so glad you found me. you have a baby?! he is so stinkin' cute! and i love your beautiful, new home! i'm really jealous. ben and i live in the the san francisco bay area, so we won't be buying a home anytime soon. anyway, i'm excited to keep in touch... i added you to my sidebar, if that's okay.

ash said...

SO cute! He's getting so big!

Jenny said...

Lucky kid! I loved playing in the sand when I was little. I love the smile!

Shayla said...

Hi! Fun to find you guys... Your little Tyler is so cute!! Glad to see you guys are doing great!