Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Timpanogos

We hiked Timp Cave on Monday. My sister & her fam came down from Logan, and my parents joined us at the last minute. It's been 10+ years since either Nathan or I had been up there, and it was a fun family activity.
It was Tyler's first hike. We didn't take him last year, because he was so small. So it was our first hike in two years! It's been way too long. We love hiking, and have committed to go at least once a week for the rest of the summer.
I love the fresh mountain air, and the view from the top. Not to mention that hiking is the funnest form of exercise ever!
Ty did pretty well in the cave. He was happy to get out of the pack for a while, but a guided tour isn't such a good idea with a super-active toddler. But overall, he was a trooper. He didn't cry until we got to the end and it was an hour past his nap time.
Ty LOVES his Emo (my sister Julie). He would have preferred to have her carry the pack up the mountain, but seeing as how the pack weighed half as much as she does, I didn't think she would make it. :)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Jess, it's so fun to find your blog! Tyler is getting so big. And beautiful house! Are you guys still in the area? If so, we need to do something.

Jenny said...

Jessica! I'm so glad you found our blog. I guess we both gave in and decided to join the blogging world and I'm glad we did because it will be so much easier to stay in touch with each other. I definitely want to come and visit you so I can see your new beautiful house and see Tyler again. He's so cute and getting so big! Keep posting those pics!