Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Quiet Milestone

So this is my first blog post here but I decided I should commemorate a major milestone somehow. It has been five years since my last radiation treatment.

For those who don't know the story two weeks after Jessica and I got engaged I found out I had Hodgekin's Lymphoma, the same cancer my sister Heidi had 3 years earlier. That was December 10th. On the 27th I had my first of eight chemotherapy treatments. They ended in April and I started radiation in May. My last radiation treatment was around the 20th of May. I can't remember the exact date.

So now it has been over five years, I have been married for almost five years, and I have a wonderful wife and son. Life is good. I thank God everyday that I have been so blessed, and even for cancer because I wouldn't be who I am today without it. It changed me for the better and helped me realize what is really important and how lucky I was to have Jessica.

If I had to say one thing I learned from cancer it would be to follow President Hinckley's advice. Never put off spending time with some one or telling them how much they mean to you because every moment is precious and you never know how many you really have left.

1 comment:

JenChiz said...

Nate, Long time no see! Your little boy is so adorable! Not as cute as my three, but adorable none the less! I was glad to find your blog feel free to check mine out! http://chizmadias.blogspot.com/

Love you! Jennifer