Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tyler is 3!!!

I can't believe that my baby boy is already 3! Seriously, where have the last three years gone?
Tyler requested another Cars cake this year. I don't know if it's because the cake was easier, or because I've done a lot more cake decorating since last year, but it took me about half the time. He was so cute after I finished the cake. He sat staring at it for about fifteen minutes, and he kept saying "I love my beautiful birthday cake!" and "You're such a good Uma, let me give you a great big hug!"
And, like last year, we had his birthday party at Jumping Jacks (his most favorite place) with both sides of the family. Thanks to everyone that came!Ty got WAY too many presents (as usual), and my house has been a disaster since Friday (because he won't let me put any of the new stuff away).
And since he is my Valentine's baby, I had to make him some birthday heart-shaped pancakes (also his favorite food). After I made them, he informed me that he loves "heart pancakes" the most. :)Going to town on his second (that's right) birthday cake. He woke up the day after his party in tears because his birthday cake had been devoured. So, being the amazing mother that I am, I made him a new one. Granted, this one was only one layer, instead of two, and a little more sloppy in the decoration department. Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you and can't imagine life without you! You make me smile everyday, and bring more joy into my days than I ever though possible!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad we could be there for the party. Awesome cake (but you're too nice of a mom to make another one!). Love you guys! Happy Birthday Ty!

Harmony said...

Wow, I'm impressed by your cake decorating skills! My little guy saw this photo of the cake and said, "Ooohhh, CARS!" He loves that movie too.

The Emery's said...

Jessica you are amazing! I can't believe you made 2 cakes! They both looked awesome! And where did find a brown Mater? I've looked everywhere!

Also, thanks so much for the advice on potty training. I finally have Cole potty trained thanks to your advice!