Monday, February 8, 2010

The Cone of Shame

Ever since I can remember, my mom used a newspaper bowl around my dad's head every time she cut his hair indoors. Actually, my sister does too. So of course, I had to follow in tradition with my own family. When Nate & I first got married, he thought it was hilarious. He made me take a picture of his first haircut.
Now Tyler is old enough to get his own paper bowl. Thanks to a tractor DVD, he held still for the length of his haircut. It was sad to see all that long hair go, but it was getting in his eyes, and I don't want to cut it again before the baby comes. Will he hate me for this picture when he's older? I think he might.
Tyler Quotes:

Walking into TJ Maxx the other day:
Tyler: Hey, this is a TOY store!!
Me: Yes, they do sell toys here.
Tyler: Look, here are some mommy toys (pointing to the jewelry).

This morning at breakfast, eating oatmeal:
Tyler: Uma, this oatmeal makes my poop nice and healthy!
Me: (Giggling) Did you just say that oatmeal makes your poop nice and healthy?
Tyler: Uh huh, but it's kind of hard to push out.

First thing in the morning:
Tyler: Uma, Daddy, I need to go pee!!! (This is how we wake up most mornings)
Nathan gets up to take Ty potty.
Tyler: (standing in front of the potty) NO, not you daddy!
Nate: Why not me?
Tyler: Because your breath is stinky & going to ruin my PJs!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

tyler's comments made me laugh! I've never seen a bowl of shame but its got to be better than cleaning the entire bathroom after every haircut. Love you guys!
BTW we are coming out in june-hope to see you then.