Sunday, November 8, 2009

Today in the car...

While we were driving in the car to my parents' house today, I couldn't help but laugh my head off. So Nate & I were talking about babies, and it came up that he doesn't like to hold newborns. I know! Crazy, right? It's because he's afraid of "breaking them." I guess I can see his point, they are pretty fragile. Anyway, I told Tyler, "Daddy is afraid of tiny babies! Isn't that silly?" To which Ty responded, in a very sympathetic & comforting voice, "Ohhhh, it's okay daddy! There aren't any babies in the car. Don't be afraid!" So funny! But that wasn't the end, he went on to describe what WAS in the car, "See Daddy, there's only toys, and books, and mommy, and Chester" etc. etc. I thought that would be the end of it, but once we arrived at my parents' it continued. "And there's no babies in the bushes to be scared of either Daddy!" I love when Ty takes on the role of parent & tries to comfort us. :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That is hilarious . . and I can totally picture Tyler doing it!

Joanna said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

That is one of the cutest stories I have heard. What a sweetheart!