Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!

We started our Halloween festivities early this year. I took Ty to Gardner Village to see the witches with my friend Rachelle and her boy Issac. We got tons of cute pictures, and the boys were so good to sit in their strollers for a couple hours so their moms could shop.
Ty loved feeding the ducks in the little stream.
This is super-cute Rachelle and her little rough-and-tumble Issac. Issac was so funny, he wanted to sit on the witch about a million times.
Ty on the other hand wasn't too happy when I made him sit on her. This is his "Get me off of here" face.
Then of course the moms had to stop at Tai-Pan for a bit. After five hours out, a lot of treats, and watching "Cars" in the car, the boys are still happy to be shopping...amazing!
The next day, we carved pumpkins. I don't like to carve them until right before Halloween, so that they look good instead of old and shrunken. Here's a picture of our (my) creations. Nathan hates to carve pumpkins, so his contribution is getting them scrubbed and cleaned out for me.
Then on Halloween day, we went out to lunch with my parents and brother. And Ty discovered salsa! We've known that he likes spicy food for a while now, but I haven't given him any salsa thinking that it would be too hot for him. Guess not.
He spent the entire time we waited for our food dipping, and eating. It was the easiest 20 minute wait at a restaurant ever! I guess we need to go out for Mexican more often!
For Halloween, Tyler was a ninja. I told him the day before that he would get candy in his Elmo basket, so he was very excited to be running around the church parking lot getting candy. He was literally pulling me from trunk to trunk until his basket got too heavy.
I thought it would be fun to decorate my trunk, and I'm glad I did. The kids thought it was great, and I was one of only a couple cars that was decorated. We made the little spiders and the teeth. But it was a little too scary for some of the really little kids because they didn't want to stick their hand in to get candy!
What a busy few days it's been. Tyler was pooped! Hope everyone else had as great of a Halloween as we did!

8 comments:

Misty said...

What a cute Ninja -- and your trunk looks great! You are so creative! My jaw dropped when I saw the boys still beaming after 5 hours of being out and about. That's just plain amazing.

Jenny said...

Boy, you really did have an awesome Halloween! I'm incredibly impressed by the trunk decorations. Nice work! Ty makes the coolest Ninja I've ever seen.

Heidi said...

I'm calling you next time I need an idea for decorating my trunk. I always have good intentions and then end up being a party pooper!

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

Josh & Kenz said...

Ahhh he is the cutest little Ninja. I think Monday sounds good. Reggie will be so excited!

Joanna said...

That witch was so spooky! You could never get me near it.

It would be way fun to do a Trouvere reunion! Do you have ideas for the where/when?

nickysam said...

History traces Halloween back to the ancient religion of the Celtics in Ireland.The Celtic people were very conscious of the spiritual world and had their own ideas of how they could gain access to it - such as by helping their over 300 gods to defeat their enemies in battle, or by imitating the gods in showing cleverness and cunning. Halloween had its beginnings in an ancient, pre-Christian Celtic festival of the dead. The Celtic peoples, who were once found all over Europe, divided the year by four major holidays.
_________________________________
nickysam
blog

Adam said...

Great pictures! I would love to come to a reunion. Is that the night of the Messiah concert in Payson? Send me the details!

Josh & Kenz said...

Are you guys feeling better? Being sick stinks! I will be there Monday.