Monday, June 15, 2009

San Francisco

Nathan and I had SO much fun in San Francisco. It is definitely one of our favorite cities! While Nathan was at Google IO, I spent my days shopping and going to the symphony. It was the first matinee performance I've been to, and I think I was the only person under the age of 65 there! Check out the sea of gray heads in front of me.
I had to take a picture of the row of old women in front of me during intermission. It gives you a better idea of what I'm talking about. This is basically what the entire hall looked like!The symphony hall, is actually really interesting, visually. Don't you think the balcony boxes look like Legos?And they have all these curved pieces of glass above the orchestra. I imagine that they are for sound projection, but it's really cool to see their reflection while they're playing.In the evenings, after Nathan was done, we'd go sight seeing. Here we are at the gate to China Town, or as we like to call it, gateway to the streets filled with crap-o-la.Driving across the Golden Gate Bridge.We also went to the redwoods. This was a first for me, and I loved it. This is me in the hollow of a big redwood tree.I love how lush and beautiful everything is. I felt like I was in a fairy-tale land. I kept expected wood nymphs to pop out. It is indescribably gorgeous. The picture does it no justice.And of course, no visit to San Fran is complete without going to see the sea lions at Pier 39. We could sit there and watch them for hours. They are SO funny!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yay for vacations! As far as all the gray heads, they are probably native San Frans and have been going for years. Though that is a really full hall in the middle of the day. How fun!

ps have fun at girls camp this week.

Shayla said...

What FUN!! I am so jealous and definitely homesick now!

The Mama said...

How fun! I didn't know that was where you were going! I love the pic of all the white haired women... ha ha so funny. The auditorium looks so beautiful though.

Elise said...

LOVE san fran too! The Redwoods are only a few hours away from our new digs... so you'll have to come visit again soon : )

Joanna said...

We went to the Redwoods in June too, but I'm so lame about posting that I haven't got our pictures up. It's true that no picture can ever do it justice, though. It's amazing to be in them, like stepping into another world.