Monday, April 27, 2009

A Love of Cars

As I have mentioned in the past, Tyler is a little bit obsessed with this movie...


There was a point in time when we were watching it every single day. Thankfully, he has moved on a little bit, and expanded his list "favorite shows" thus retaining his parents' sanity.


He knows the names of all of the cars and even pairs them up according to their relationships in the movie (Lightning & Sally, Flo & Ramone, Sarge & Fillmore, etc.). He has more Cars memorabilia then you could imagine, which has provided him with countless hours of play time. I often find little cars in the oddest of places around my house.


These little toys are definitely Ty's most treasured possessions, and he likes to carry them around with him wherever he goes (hence the pants stuffed full of cars). We even have to take his cars with us on vacation, because he cannot bring himself to part with them for even one day!


He even has a Cars blankie that his Grandma gave him for his birthday. What a lucky boy!

But my favorite part about his obsession is when he acts out scenes from the movie using his miniature toy cars (i.e. tractor tipping, pit stops, and races). I'll hear him narrating the dialogue while I work around the house, and it never ceases makes me smile.

3 comments:

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

That's so fun! Michael is obsessed with Cars, also. Don't be too relieved! He'll probably just give you a little break, then it's back to watching it a lot! Cute blog!

Shayla said...

So cute! That pict of him stuffing his pockets full of cars is SO funny! Love it! Hunter went through his 'Cars' phase before he was a year, so we never got to hear him act out the scenes, maybe I'll have to see if I can get the boys into it now just for that :)

Jenny said...

He is such cute kid. I love getting to know what he likes and learning about his awesome personality even though I don't really know him personally. We should really get together soon. I'll meet you somewhere or maybe I'll just drive down to see your house finally.