Friday, January 23, 2009

Quarter-Centenarian

Today I am 25. A quarter of a century. And I have to say it's been great. I have been blessed with a wonderful & supportive family, devoted friends, good health, and the best husband & cutest little boy anyone could ask for. My present to myself this year is to follow my own advice. To find joy in the journey. Make more time for my baby that is growing up too fast. Enjoy cleaning up the toys strewn throughout the house that won't always be there. Be thankful for all the loads of laundry, because I have a family to create it. And be grateful for what I've got & not what I've not. Because when I look at my life and what the Lord has given me, my heart is overwhelmed with His Love for me. Here's to another year.

3 comments:

ash said...

Happy Birthday Jess! You are such an amazing person. I'm so glad we're able to stay in touch!

Mike and Becky said...

Happy Birthday Jess. Grandma E was just commenting today how beautiful you are and how impressed she is by you. I had to agree with her. I love your goal for the New Year.

Misty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love this post...I need to take your advice as well!